Mechanical Power Transmission
Corrosion resistant composite materials for the repair and protection of worn mechanical power transmission equipment to ensure reliable performance.
Belzona provides a comprehensive range of solvent-free epoxy composite materials designed to repair and prevent the common failures associated with mechanical power transmission. Belzona's cold-applied epoxy materials offer a rapid and reliable alternative to welding and machining techniques which are required for conventional repairs.
Worn and damaged shafts can be repaired in situ, limiting the downtime and lost production costs which can be incurred. Bearing housings can be repaired utilising our erosion and corrosion resistant metal repair materials which provide in-situ and emergency repair solutions that can extend the lifetime of your equipment and return machinery to service in a fraction of the time.
Belzona's cold-curing epoxies are formulated to offer long-term erosion and corrosion protection and have the ability to bond to a variety of metallic surfaces including cast iron, aluminum and steel.
Belzona's range of metal repair composites will:
- Repair and rebuild damaged and scored shafts
- Protect exposed areas from corrosion attack
- Repair oversized keyways
- Protect exposed surfaces from corrosion pitting
- Rebuild damaged bearing locations in situ without machining
- Modify existing bearing seats
- Repair or replace low-friction bearing surfaces
- Reform ball joint housings
- Realign pins into oversized housings
- Reseat bushes into damaged locations
- Repair elongated coupling bolts/dowel locations
- Rebuild drive faces